Windy City Surprise!!!
Our dear friends, Dan and Mary Elliott moved back to their home state of Illinois in July of '06. We have missed them terribly and the Triangle area just hasn't been the same since they left it! On occasion we get to see them or at least Dan if he comes back to Chapel Hill to help his old company out. Not that I don't like seeing Dan, I just really miss Mary. So during Dan's last visit back to NC for business, the 3 of us (Adam, Dan & I) put our heads together and decided that I would fly to Chicago and surprise Mary for a weekend visit! He arranged a weekend off for her at work and then I booked my flight and then he made her believe that they were doing a bunch of other stuff that weekend. Then on Friday night I showed up on the curb at O'Hare Airport! It was a kodak moment to see her expression when she saw me waiting! :)
I had a wonderful weekend with them and just hanging out and visiting was by far the best part of the trip! On Saturday we all slept in then went for a nice & yummy breakfast/brunch and then I was able to see where Mary has been working, doing floral designing, and also where Dan has been schooling & teaching(UIC). I also saw my first snow of the season!!! We went shopping and enjoyed a home cooked meal that evening (thanks Dan!). After dinner Mary and I whipped up a yummy batch of homemade Snickerdoodle cookies! Then on Sunday, Dan's sweet sister Tracey came to Chicago to join us for breakfast, church (which was so amazing ~ gotta love Pastor Peter!) and for a day of scouting around the City. While eating lunch at "the Art of Pizza" we had to play a few hands of Dutch Blitz and of course, I was victorious!!!
It was such a great time and it was so wonderful to see my dear friend again and it was also good to be back in the City where winter truly does exist! :)
Thanks for sharing your weekend with me Dan & Mary!!!!! :)
Love to All
Until Next Time....






1 Comments:
Man do I miss some good ol' Chicago Deep Dish pizza, oh wait I'll have some on Saturday when Todd & I go home--YES! Jackie, I'm so glad you had fun, Mary is a peach. I really miss you and can't wait to Hang Out sometime when you both are not sick or busy.
i love you,
laura beth
Post a Comment
<< Home