Parent's Retreat...
I am writing this entry to brag a little on my wife. A little indulgent, yes, but she deserves it...
Jackie spent her first night away from Owen this past Monday. My mom came down to watch Owen for us (Thanks again, mom!) and Jackie and I headed out to Carolina Beach for a 24 hour stay. It was a quick trip but lots of fun. It proved to be a great time to reconnect with each other, enjoy the sights and sounds of the ocean and grab a delicious dinner just the two of us. While she shed a few tears before we got out of Raleigh, Jackie quickly regained her composure and was able to enjoy herself and our time together. I never had any doubts that Jackie would be a wonderful mother, but she has been an unbelievable example of a patient, loving and nurturing parent and I am truly blessed to have such an amazing woman by my side. She deserves much more than a 24 hour getaway, but I hope it was enough for her to relax and recharge her batteries.
We stayed in an oceanfront hotel that we had stayed in once before. Nothing fancy, but nice. We took a nice stroll on the beach, took a nap or two, went swimming in the indoor pool and had a very nice evening out at a great restaurant in downtown Wilmington. Tuesday morning before we left, we woke up in time to see the sun rise from our hotel room. I took the liberty of posting a clip of the sunrise on the blog so our friends and family who love the beach so much could enjoy the sights and sounds...all that's missing is the smell of that sea air! Enjoy...
We love you all. Until next time...

5 Comments:
So glad you two had a wonderful time on your trip. I know your mom was in "Heaven" taking care of little Owen! Can't wait to see you three again. Love, Aunt Sanny
holy crap owen in HUGE!
I'm proud of you Jackie. Sarah is 3 and I STILL haven't spent a night away from her. I can't imagine how hard that was.
I'm glad you two had a great time away.
wow....how nice that getaway sounded. I'm glad that you guys were able to do that. I just feel sorry for grandma having to stay with Owen....NOT!! She LOVED it I'm sure!!!!!
Love you guys!!
Grandma Donna
awwww... makes me miss you and the ocean!! what a great sunrise!! :) love you guys
Post a Comment
<< Home