Updates

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Special Visitor for Owen...


Our dear sweet friend Mary came to visit us this past "week-end" from Chicago. It was her and Owens first meeting and let me tell you, he's already a big fan! :) They hit it off instantly! Owen and Mary shared a lot of smiles, giggles, and snuggles! It was great having her here for a couple of days.
Those of you that know Mary know that she loves being outdoors when it's warm, so we all took advantage of the lovely weather here in NC. We shared a meal with our friends, Donna and Roy Philemon at Char-grill (per Mary's request). Gotta love those burgers!! It was a great time of fellowship!
Mary and I also slipped away for a couple of hours to shop and I really appreciated Adam's help watching Owen so we could have that "girl time". One of our favorite purchases was a new Ice Cream maker which we just had to try out! We made a homemade Butter Pecan ice cream that was insanely delicious! Yum!
Mary was also able to surprise our friends Andy and Becky on Monday night! I had fun playing with Devon and Cammie while the 3 other adults caught up with one another. I forgot how fun "Don't break the Ice" is! :) Cammie beat me though I think... ha-ha!
On Tuesday, we spent the morning and afternoon doing yard work (sorry for making you do manual labor Mare!). we bought beautiful mums and Mary helped us plant them and we swept the back patio and Adam even tackled the huge project of draining and cleaning out our hot tub. It was so cool to have Mary point out the wonderful herbs that we have growing in our back yard that I can utilize in my cooking!
It was certainly a wonderful visit and I know that Owen loved spending time with Mary just as much as his mommy does!

This coming Monday, Adam and I plan on taking a trip together to the beach for a late anniversary present to our selves. Owen will be staying home with Grandma Linda! I know that he will have lots of fun!

What wonderful friends and family we have been blessed with. God is good!



We Love You All.
Until Next Time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth in NC said...

Hi Jackie! I just remembered you had a blogspot! I'm so glad you're enjoying the yard. Owen is absolutely adorable. Thanks for letting me peek at your blog and pics. Bless you! Beth (Feel free to check out my blog when you're bored.) :o)

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Owen is growing fast! It is really a beautiful thing, how so many people love him...especially his great auntie!!!Love you guys, Aunt Sanny

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home